Powerful quake shakes Solomon Islands, triggers tsunami warning
WASHINGTON Feb 5 (Reuters) - A powerful magnitude 8.0 quake struck the Solomon Islands archipelago in the South Pacific on Wednesday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
It said the very shallow quake, initially reported as magnitude 7.9, triggered a tsunami warning. (Writing and editing by Americas Desk)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins