STXNEWS LATAM-Alstom signs 1 bln euro deal with Brazil's Renova
France's Alstom signed a 1 billion euro ($1.35 billion) deal with Brazilian wind farm operator Renova Energia to supply generators with 1.2 gigawatts potential.
Brazil's wind power sector has taken over the past couple of years thanks to government tax incentives for equipment suppliers that set up manufacturing plants in the country and meet local content requirements. (1 Euro = $1.35)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |