STXNEWS LATAM-Mariante replacing Lazcano as CEO at Batista's EBX
Armando Mariante was appointed chief financial officer at Brazilian billionaire Eike Batista's EBX Group, replacing Otavio Lazcano, who resigned, EBX's press office said on Wednesday.
Earlier on Wednesday, Brazil's Veja weekly news magazine reported on its website Lazcano's departure and Mariante's appointment at the EBX conglomerate of mining, logistics and energy companies. In the past year, five of six presidents of EBX-controlled subsidiaries have been replaced. (Editing by Carol Bishopric)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea