STXNEWS LATAM-Mariante replacing Lazcano as CEO at Batista's EBX
Armando Mariante was appointed chief financial officer at Brazilian billionaire Eike Batista's EBX Group, replacing Otavio Lazcano, who resigned, EBX's press office said on Wednesday.
Earlier on Wednesday, Brazil's Veja weekly news magazine reported on its website Lazcano's departure and Mariante's appointment at the EBX conglomerate of mining, logistics and energy companies. In the past year, five of six presidents of EBX-controlled subsidiaries have been replaced. (Editing by Carol Bishopric)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel