Carlyle completes buyout of SocGen's TCW
PARIS Feb 6 (Reuters) - Private-equity group Carlyle said it had completed a deal to buy French bank Societe Generale's Los Angeles-based asset-management arm, TCW, alongside the unit's management.
No financial terms were disclosed in Carlyle and TCW's joint statement released on Wednesday. People familiar with the matter told Reuters late last year that the deal could value TCW at about $700 million.
(Reporting by Lionel Laurent; Editing by Christian Plumb)
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- Investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB