Spain's Liberbank sells 574 mln euros of distressed assets
MADRID Feb 6 (Reuters) - Spanish lender Liberbank said on Wednesday it had sold a package of distressed assets belonging to individuals and small companies worth 574 million euros ($777 million) to U.S. private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management .
Liberbank, a small lender badly hit by the bursting of Spain's property bubble, is due to receive some of the European cash transferred to Spain's bank restructuring when the government will decide what stake to take in it.
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel