Spain's Liberbank sells 574 mln euros of distressed assets
MADRID Feb 6 (Reuters) - Spanish lender Liberbank said on Wednesday it had sold a package of distressed assets belonging to individuals and small companies worth 574 million euros ($777 million) to U.S. private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management .
Liberbank, a small lender badly hit by the bursting of Spain's property bubble, is due to receive some of the European cash transferred to Spain's bank restructuring when the government will decide what stake to take in it.
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |