Suncor posts Q4 loss on impairment charge
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Suncor Energy Inc, Canada's largest oil company, reported a loss for the fourth-quarter, hurt by an after-tax impairment charge for its Voyageur upgrader project.
Suncor posted a net loss of C$562 million ($563 million), or 37 Canadian cents per share, compared with a profit C$1.43 billion, or 91 Canadian cents, in the same quarter a year ago.
The net loss included an after-tax impairment charge of C$1.49 billion for the oil sands company's Voyageur upgrader project.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic