Suncor posts Q4 loss on impairment charge
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Suncor Energy Inc, Canada's largest oil company, reported a loss for the fourth-quarter, hurt by an after-tax impairment charge for its Voyageur upgrader project.
Suncor posted a net loss of C$562 million ($563 million), or 37 Canadian cents per share, compared with a profit C$1.43 billion, or 91 Canadian cents, in the same quarter a year ago.
The net loss included an after-tax impairment charge of C$1.49 billion for the oil sands company's Voyageur upgrader project.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade