BRIEF-TeliaSonera names new chief for scandal-hit Eurasia unit
STOCKHOLM Feb 6 (Reuters) - TeliaSonera AB : * names Veysel Aral, chief executive of Kazakh operator Kcell, as head of its Eurasia business unit. * The Eurasia business includes Uzbekistan, at the centre of Swedish prosecution allegations that TeliaSonera obtained a 3G licence there in a corrupt way, which the company denies. * Kcell is 49 percent owned by TeliaSonera * Follows appointment earlier on Wednesday of veteran businesswoman Marie Ehrling to take over as chairwoman at TeliaSonera.
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote