- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Russia moves closer to jail terms for offending religion
- UPDATE 1-Regeneron, Sanofi asthma drug seen as potential game changer
RPT-Marie Ehrling nominated as Telia chairwomen to steady ship
(Repeats to link with alerts)
STOCKHOLM Feb 6 (Reuters) - Swedish businesswoman Marie Ehrling looks set to become head the board at TeliaSonera after owners nominated her to steady the partially state owned firm after allegations of involment in corruption in Uzbekistan.
Telia's nomination committee said it would propose Ehrling, the former head of Telia's Swedish operations and former deputy CEO of state-owned airline SAS, to take over as chairwoman at the company's annual general meeting on April 3.
Chairman Anders Narvinger has said he will step down as a result of heavy criticism of the company and the way it bought its 3G licence in Uzbekistan in 2007. Telia's CEO Lars Nyberg resigned last week over the scandal.
In September, Swedish prosecutors launched an investigation into allegations the license purchase involved bribery and money laundering.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this