Cost cuts lift Tieto's adjusted profit
HELSINKI Feb 6 (Reuters) - Nordic IT services provider Tieto reported a 28 percent jump in its fourth-quarter adjusted profit despite a slight fall in sales, due to cost cuts.
Tieto, which competes with bigger technology services companies such as IBM and Accenture, said its quarterly operating profit excluding items rose to 43.8 million euros ($59.3 million). Analysts on average expected 41.2 million euros, according to a Reuters poll.
The company has been cutting costs and divesting some operations to cope with slower corporate spending. It forecast operating profit excluding items to improve in 2013. ($1 = 0.7392 euros) (Reporting by Helsinki Newsroom)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government