TIM Brasil Q4 net profit rises 16.3 pct, narrowly misses outlook
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO Feb 5 (Reuters) - TIM Participaçoes SA , Brazil's second-largest wireless phone company, said on Tuesday that fourth-quarter net profit jumped 16.3 percent compared with a year earlier as sales of services and products rose and financial costs fell.
The Brazilian unit of Telecom Italia said in a securities filing that fourth-quarter net profit rose to 462.6 million reais from 397.8 million reais a year earlier, narrowly missing the average estimate of 476 million reais in a Reuters survey of seven analysts. (Reporting by Brad Haynes and Jeb Blount; Editing by Gary Hill)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?