Taiwan's UMC says Q4 profit rises 20 pct
TAIPEI Feb 6 (Reuters) - Taiwan's UMC, the world's No.2 contract chipmaker, reported its net profit in the fourth quarter was T$1.17 billion ($40.4 million), up 20 percent on the period a year ago, according to a statement on Wednesday.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter