Columbus forward Dubinsky fined $10,000 for violent hit
(Reuters) - Columbus Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky was fined the maximum $10,000 for violently checking Los Angeles Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi into the boards, the National Hockey League said on Wednesday.
Dubinsky, who was assessed a major penalty for boarding and a game misconduct on the play, hit Scuderi from behind and into the boards during the second period of Tuesday's game.
He picked up 20 penalty minutes in all, including a later penalty for fighting.
(Reporting by Larry Fine in New York; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Bike-riding nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist |
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Iraqi Kurdish forces enter Syria to fight Islamic State |