Columbus forward Dubinsky fined $10,000 for violent hit
(Reuters) - Columbus Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky was fined the maximum $10,000 for violently checking Los Angeles Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi into the boards, the National Hockey League said on Wednesday.
Dubinsky, who was assessed a major penalty for boarding and a game misconduct on the play, hit Scuderi from behind and into the boards during the second period of Tuesday's game.
He picked up 20 penalty minutes in all, including a later penalty for fighting.
(Reporting by Larry Fine in New York; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal