Tunisian PM says will form small technocrat government
TUNIS (Reuters) - Tunisian Prime Minister Hamadi Jebali announced on Wednesday he will form a technocrat government.
"After the failure of negotiations between parties on a cabinet reshuffle, I decided to form a small technocrat government," Jebali said in a speech to the nation.
He said the ministers would not run for office but elections would subsequently be held as soon as possible.
(Reporting by Tarek Amara; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- UPDATE 6-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter