Taiwan's UMC says Q4 profit rises 20 pct
TAIPEI (Reuters) - Taiwan's UMC, the world's No.2 contract chipmaker, reported its net profit in the fourth quarter was T$1.17 billion ($40.4 million), up 20 percent on the period a year ago, according to a statement on Wednesday.
For details of the release, please see here
(Reporting by Faith Hung; Editing by Richard Pullin)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow