WestJet aims for C$100 million cost cuts; Encore schedule out February 11
TORONTO (Reuters) - WestJet Airlines Ltd (WJA.TO) said on Wednesday it was targeting cost cuts of C$100 million ($100.33 million) over the next three years and would release the schedule for its new regional airline, Encore, on February 11.
"We recently concluded a series of coast-to-coast employee meetings where we engaged WestJetters in our business transformation initiatives to reduce costs by C$100 million over the next 36 months," Chief Executive Officer Gregg Saretsky said on a conference call with analysts.
"We're looking forward to releasing WestJet Encore's first schedule on February 11," he added.
(Reporting by Nicole Mordant; Writing by Solarina Ho; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote