Vestas cuts 2013 turbine shipment outlook
COPENHAGEN Feb 6 (Reuters) - Danish wind turbine manufacturer Vestas has cut its forecast for 2013 turbine shipments to 4-5 gigawatts from 5 gigawatts, citing a weaker order intake.
Vestas, struggling to restore investor confidence after two profit warnings, also said on Wednesday fourth-quarter revenue rose 23 pct to 2.51 billion euros ($3.4 billion), compared with a forecast for 2.26 billion in a Reuters poll.
Earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) before special items increased to 155 million euros, against a forecast for 191 million. ($1 = 0.7392 euro) (Reporting by Copenhagen Newsroom; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push