WestJet aims for C$100 mln cost cuts; Encore schedule out Feb. 11
TORONTO Feb 6 (Reuters) - WestJet Airlines Ltd said on Wednesday it was targeting cost cuts of C$100 million ($100.33 million) over the next three years and would release the schedule for its new regional airline, Encore, on Feb. 11.
"We recently concluded a series of coast-to-coast employee meetings where we engaged WestJetters in our business transformation initiatives to reduce costs by C$100 million over the next 36 months," Chief Executive Officer Gregg Saretsky said on a conference call with analysts.
"We're looking forward to releasing WestJet Encore's first schedule on Feb. 11," he added.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule