WestJet aims for C$100 mln cost cuts; Encore schedule out Feb. 11
TORONTO Feb 6 (Reuters) - WestJet Airlines Ltd said on Wednesday it was targeting cost cuts of C$100 million ($100.33 million) over the next three years and would release the schedule for its new regional airline, Encore, on Feb. 11.
"We recently concluded a series of coast-to-coast employee meetings where we engaged WestJetters in our business transformation initiatives to reduce costs by C$100 million over the next 36 months," Chief Executive Officer Gregg Saretsky said on a conference call with analysts.
"We're looking forward to releasing WestJet Encore's first schedule on Feb. 11," he added.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |