China's yuan currency starts trading in Taiwan
TAIPEI Feb 6 (Reuters) - The Chinese yuan opened at 6.2265/6.2325 to the U.S. dollar on its first day of trade in Taiwan, according to the Taipei branch of Bank of China .
Taiwan's central bank said on Tueday it will allow the island's banks to start conducting yuan currency business on the island from Wednesday. (Reporting by Faith Hung and Lin Miao-jung; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |