India's Jindal Steel ends Cameroon iron ore mine talks
MUMBAI Feb 7 (Reuters) - India's Jindal Steel has pulled out of talks to invest in a Cameroon mine owned by iron ore producer Afferro Mining Inc , questioning the financial viability of the project.
"There is major spending in billions of dollars required to create the required infrastructure and consequently the project may not be financially viable," Jindal said in a statement.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter