Alcatel-Lucent sees better telco gear market in 2013
PARIS Feb 7 (Reuters) - Alcatel-Lucent predicted higher sales of telecom equipment gear this year helped by a rebound of spending by operators in China and continued strength in the United States.
"China will improve this year because key decisions about LTE mobile will be made, and the U.S. will stay very strong," Chief Executive Ben Verwaayen said on a conference call after publishing fourth-quarter results on Thursday.
Alcatel-Lucent did not provide annual guidance for this year.
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town