BCE earnings rise, boosts dividend
Feb 7 (Reuters) - BCE Inc, Canada's biggest telecom provider, reported higher profits on Thursday, helped by earnings growth in its wireless and media divisions as well as an investment gain, and the company also boosted its dividend.
Bell Canada's parent raised its quarterly dividend to C$0.5825 a share, from C$0.5675 a share.
The firm said fourth-quarter net earnings rose to C$708 million ($710 million), or 91 Canadian cents a share, from C$486 million, or 62 Canadian cents, a year earlier. Operating revenue was C$5.16 billion, compared with C$5.17 billion a year earlier.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image