BCE earnings rise, boosts dividend
Feb 7 (Reuters) - BCE Inc, Canada's biggest telecom provider, reported higher profits on Thursday, helped by earnings growth in its wireless and media divisions as well as an investment gain, and the company also boosted its dividend.
Bell Canada's parent raised its quarterly dividend to C$0.5825 a share, from C$0.5675 a share.
The firm said fourth-quarter net earnings rose to C$708 million ($710 million), or 91 Canadian cents a share, from C$486 million, or 62 Canadian cents, a year earlier. Operating revenue was C$5.16 billion, compared with C$5.17 billion a year earlier.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone