BCE earnings rise, boosts dividend
Feb 7 (Reuters) - BCE Inc, Canada's biggest telecom provider, reported higher profits on Thursday, helped by earnings growth in its wireless and media divisions as well as an investment gain, and the company also boosted its dividend.
Bell Canada's parent raised its quarterly dividend to C$0.5825 a share, from C$0.5675 a share.
The firm said fourth-quarter net earnings rose to C$708 million ($710 million), or 91 Canadian cents a share, from C$486 million, or 62 Canadian cents, a year earlier. Operating revenue was C$5.16 billion, compared with C$5.17 billion a year earlier.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by Israeli shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus