UPDATE 1-Bharat Forge, Elbit establish Indian defence jt venture
(Adds details, quote)
JERUSALEM Feb 7 (Reuters) - Indian auto components maker Bharat Forge and Israeli defence contractor Elbit Systems said on Thursday they were forming a joint venture to supply advanced artillery and mortar systems to the Indian military.
The joint venture will offer solutions in Elbit's Artillery Guns & Mortar segment and roll out a range of products such as the Advanced Indian Gun System, the companies said in a statement.
The venture "will address Indian defence requirements with operationally proven systems from Elbit Systems that have been customised and adapted for Indian conditions ... for end-to-end solutions for artillery systems and armored vehicles upgrades established by Bharat Forge recently in India," said Baba Kalyani, chairman and managing director of Bharat Forge.
(Reporting by Steven Scheer)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study