UPDATE 1-Bharat Forge, Elbit establish Indian defence jt venture
(Adds details, quote)
JERUSALEM Feb 7 (Reuters) - Indian auto components maker Bharat Forge and Israeli defence contractor Elbit Systems said on Thursday they were forming a joint venture to supply advanced artillery and mortar systems to the Indian military.
The joint venture will offer solutions in Elbit's Artillery Guns & Mortar segment and roll out a range of products such as the Advanced Indian Gun System, the companies said in a statement.
The venture "will address Indian defence requirements with operationally proven systems from Elbit Systems that have been customised and adapted for Indian conditions ... for end-to-end solutions for artillery systems and armored vehicles upgrades established by Bharat Forge recently in India," said Baba Kalyani, chairman and managing director of Bharat Forge.
(Reporting by Steven Scheer)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon |