Codelco says halts Ministro Hales project construction after death
SANTIAGO Feb 7 (Reuters) - World No. 1 copper producer Codelco said on Thursday it had halted construction work at its Ministro Hales copper mine project after a mechanic died in a tunnel.
Codelco said the cause of Jaime Orlando Illanes Herrera's death was being investigated.
The mine is scheduled to come on line at the end of this year.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- After unrest over shooting, Ferguson police now wear body cameras