Codelco says halts Ministro Hales project construction after death
SANTIAGO Feb 7 (Reuters) - World No. 1 copper producer Codelco said on Thursday it had halted construction work at its Ministro Hales copper mine project after a mechanic died in a tunnel.
Codelco said the cause of Jaime Orlando Illanes Herrera's death was being investigated.
The mine is scheduled to come on line at the end of this year.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |