Cognizant profit rises 16 pct
Feb 7 (Reuters) - IT services company Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp reported a higher quarterly profit as revenue from financial services clients jumped 20 percent.
Cognizant's net income rose 16 percent to $278.8 million, or 92 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, from $240.1 million, or 78 cents per share, a year earlier.
Total revenue rose 17 percent to $1.95 billion. Revenue from Cognizant's financial services business, which accounts for more than 40 percent of total revenue, rose to $815.4 million.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers