Credit Suisse lifts cost-cutting goal after swings to Q4 profit
ZURICH Feb 7 (Reuters) - Credit Suisse said on Thursday it will cut more costs than expected, after swinging to a lower-than-expected fourth-quarter net profit.
The Zurich-based bank said it will slash spending by 4.4 billion Swiss francs ($4.83 billion) by the end of 2015, up from a previously-announced 4 billion.
Fourth-quarter net profit of 397 million francs missed analyst forecasts, which averaged 645 million francs in a Reuters poll. ($1 = 0.9105 Swiss francs) (Reporting By Katharina Bart)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ