Loan loss drop helps Danske Bank beat Q4 profit forecasts
COPENHAGEN Feb 7 (Reuters) - Denmark's biggest financial institution, Danske Bank, on Thursday reported a near fourfold rise in quarterly pretax profits, beating forecasts on the back of a drop in loan impairments.
The Nordic region's second-biggest lender said fourth-quarter pretax profits rose to 2.26 billion Danish crowns ($410 million), beating an average 1.86 billion forecast in a poll of analysts.
The bank said it would not propose a dividend for 2012.
($1 = 5.5098 Danish crowns) (Reporting by Copenhagen Newsroom)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details