Loan loss drop helps Danske Bank beat Q4 profit forecasts
COPENHAGEN Feb 7 (Reuters) - Denmark's biggest financial institution, Danske Bank, on Thursday reported a near fourfold rise in quarterly pretax profits, beating forecasts on the back of a drop in loan impairments.
The Nordic region's second-biggest lender said fourth-quarter pretax profits rose to 2.26 billion Danish crowns ($410 million), beating an average 1.86 billion forecast in a poll of analysts.
The bank said it would not propose a dividend for 2012.
($1 = 5.5098 Danish crowns) (Reporting by Copenhagen Newsroom)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |