Eurocash replaces TVN in Poland's blue-chip index
WARSAW Feb 7 (Reuters) - Polish wholesaler and distributor Eurocash replaced broadcaster TVN in Warsaw bourse's blue-chip index WIG20, the bourse said in a statement on Thursday.
Shares of the broadcaster have fallen nearly 10 percent this year, underperforming the main index, as its core operations have been hit by a drop in advertising on the back of an economic slowdown.
Eurocash is Poland's second-largest distributor of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) including food, tobacco, cosmetics and alcohol. The market leader is Portugal's Jeronimo Martins. (Reporting by Dagmara Leszkowicz; Editing by Elaine Hardcastle)
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |