GE CEO lauds 'game-changing' U.S. shale gas development
WASHINGTON Feb 7 (Reuters) - The development of vast shale gas reserves in the United States is a "game-changer" that alters the balance of energy power for the nation, Jeff Immelt, chief executive of General Electric Co, said on Thursday.
Speaking at an event in Washington, Immelt also highlighted the economic benefits of free trade.
The United States should pursue more bilateral and multilateral agreements, such as the pending Trans-Pacific Partnership, he said.
- Somali officials say U.S. struck where al Shabaab were meeting
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers in Europe, ECB speculation holds down euro