GE CEO lauds 'game-changing' U.S. shale gas development
WASHINGTON Feb 7 (Reuters) - The development of vast shale gas reserves in the United States is a "game-changer" that alters the balance of energy power for the nation, Jeff Immelt, chief executive of General Electric Co, said on Thursday.
Speaking at an event in Washington, Immelt also highlighted the economic benefits of free trade.
The United States should pursue more bilateral and multilateral agreements, such as the pending Trans-Pacific Partnership, he said.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel