GE CEO lauds 'game-changing' U.S. shale gas development
WASHINGTON Feb 7 (Reuters) - The development of vast shale gas reserves in the United States is a "game-changer" that alters the balance of energy power for the nation, Jeff Immelt, chief executive of General Electric Co, said on Thursday.
Speaking at an event in Washington, Immelt also highlighted the economic benefits of free trade.
The United States should pursue more bilateral and multilateral agreements, such as the pending Trans-Pacific Partnership, he said.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat