Hanwha Life says mulling ING's S.Korean unit buy
SEOUL Feb 7 (Reuters) - Hanwha Life Insurance Co Ltd , South Korea's No. 2 insurer by asset, said in a regulatory filing on Thursday it was reviewing the feasibility of buying ING Groep NV's South Korean insurance unit.
The sale of the South Korean unit is part of ING's wider Asia divestment programme to repay a 10 billion euro state bailout received during the global financial crisis.
In December, KB Financial Group Inc decided against buying the unit after negotiating the prospective price down to roughly $2.1 billion.
(Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Ron Popeski)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |