Administrators to axe 66 HMV stores, 1,000 jobs at risk
LONDON Feb 7 (Reuters) - Administrators at HMV, the British music and video retailer which hit the rocks last month, have said 66 loss-making stores will close, putting almost 1,000 jobs at risk.
Deloitte, which was appointed as administrator by HMV after the firm struggled for years against competition from online retailers, supermarkets and download sites, on Thursday said the closures would take place over the next two months.
The group currently operates from 220 stores in the UK and employs around 4,000 people. Deloitte said the affected stores employ 930 staff.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |