India cbank deputy says may buy bonds via open market ops if needed
GUWAHATI, India Feb 7 (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India will buy bonds through open market operations if necessary, RBI Deputy Governor H.R. Khan said on Thursday.
The RBI last month cut the banks' cash reserve ratio by 25 basis points, which will release 180 billion rupees into the banking system from the two-week cycle starting on Feb. 9.
Liquidity in the banking system has been tight on account of lower government spending. (Reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Seventh person dies after New York blast, building collapse: police
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ