Japan MOF Nakao: Markets determine exchange rates
TOKYO Feb 7 (Reuters) - Foreign exchange rates are determined by markets, Japan's currency tsar Takehiko Nakao said on Thursday, declining to comment on the weakening yen's impact on the Japanese economy.
"The situation is becoming delicate so I won't comment," Nakao, vice finance minister for international affairs, said during an IMF seminar when he was asked how a weaker yen affects the economy.
The dollar traded at 93.66 yen, after hitting a 33-month peak around 94.07 yen on Wednesday.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner