Japan MOF Nakao: Markets determine exchange rates
TOKYO Feb 7 (Reuters) - Foreign exchange rates are determined by markets, Japan's currency tsar Takehiko Nakao said on Thursday, declining to comment on the weakening yen's impact on the Japanese economy.
"The situation is becoming delicate so I won't comment," Nakao, vice finance minister for international affairs, said during an IMF seminar when he was asked how a weaker yen affects the economy.
The dollar traded at 93.66 yen, after hitting a 33-month peak around 94.07 yen on Wednesday.
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act