Lazard beats estimates on higher financial advisory revenue
Feb 7 (Reuters) - Lazard Ltd reported quarterly results that beat analysts' estimates as revenue from financial advisory business rose 19 percent.
The company reported a loss of $5.3 million, or 5 cents per share, compared with a loss of $4.8 million, or 4 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the investment bank earned 61 cents per share. Revenue rose 22 percent to $574 million.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of 33 cents per share, on revenue of $477.2 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Malaysia Airlines says lost contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales