Nikkei down from 4-year high on profit-taking
TOKYO, Feb 7 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average fell early on Thursday as investors locked in some profits after the market had jumped to a four-year high the previous day and on caution ahead of a European Central Bank meeting. The Nikkei average shed 0.6 percent to 11,398.29, while the broader Topix dropped 0.2 percent to 967.13.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |