Nikkei down from 4-year high on profit-taking
TOKYO, Feb 7 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average fell early on Thursday as investors locked in some profits after the market had jumped to a four-year high the previous day and on caution ahead of a European Central Bank meeting. The Nikkei average shed 0.6 percent to 11,398.29, while the broader Topix dropped 0.2 percent to 967.13.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'