Korea Hot Stocks- Stem cell drugmaker surges on China nod
SEOUL Feb 7 (Reuters) - South Korea's main KOSPI share index was up 0.4 percent at 1,944.69 as of 0049 GMT. The index opened up 0.17 percent.
Stocks on the move on Thursday include:
**PHARMICELL CO LTD **
Biopharmaceutical company Pharmicell surged for the second day after some of its products got approval from China's State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA).
Pharmicell shares rose 7.5 percent in early trade. They had shot up to the daily ceiling of 15 percent on Wednesday.
Pharmicell has been looking to enter China, where it sees demand for its stem cell-derived eye-creams and skin lotions.
A spokeswoman for the company said it has been actively looking for a Chinese partner with solid distribution channels, but that nothing has been decided yet.
(Reporting by Somang Yang; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York