US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat after claims, sales data
NEW YORK Feb 7 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Thursday after a trend gauge in weekly jobless claims signaled modest economic improvement and retailers posted mixed monthly sales.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 11.06 points, or 0.08 percent, at 13,975.46. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 0.67 point, or 0.04 percent, at 1,511.45. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.68 points, or 0.05 percent, at 3,166.80.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria