US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat after claims, sales data
NEW YORK Feb 7 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Thursday after a trend gauge in weekly jobless claims signaled modest economic improvement and retailers posted mixed monthly sales.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 11.06 points, or 0.08 percent, at 13,975.46. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 0.67 point, or 0.04 percent, at 1,511.45. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.68 points, or 0.05 percent, at 3,166.80.
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Los Angeles sheriff's officials charged in jail misconduct probe
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media