Microchip third-quarter results beat estimates; shares up 6 pct
Feb 7 (Reuters) - Chipmaker Microchip Technology Inc reported better-than-expected third-quarter results, boosted by sales of its microcontrollers, sending its shares up 6 percent in extended trading.
Net income fell to $10.2 million, or 5 cents per share, from $77.5 million, or 38 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 41 cents per share. Analysts on average had expected earnings of 37 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue rose 26 percent to $416 million, above the average analyst expectation of $411.4 million.
Microchip shares rose to $36.20 after closing at $33.94 on the Nasdaq on Thursday.
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush denied bail |
- Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally |
- Judge issues order enforcing Ebola isolation of defiant Maine nurse