Patriot Coal Provides Statement Regarding Incident At Blue Creek Preparation Plant
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
For best results when printing this announcement, please click on the link below: http://pdf.reuters.com/pdfnews/pdfnews.asp?i=43059c3bf0e37541&u=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20130207:nPnCG56529 ST. LOUIS, Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Brandon Townsend, a 34-year old employee, was fatally injured yesterday afternoon at Midland Trail Energy's Blue Creek Preparation Plant, located near Charleston, West Virginia after being struck by a hydraulic cylinder on a refuse press. A second employee received non-life threatening injuries and is being treated at a local hospital. "We deeply mourn the loss of Brandon and express our sincere sympathies to his family, friends and co-workers," said Michael D. Day, Patriot Executive Vice President - Operations. "The Company is fully cooperating with state and federal mine regulatory officials during the investigation of the incident." About Patriot Coal Patriot Coal Corporation is a producer and marketer of coal in the eastern United States, with 11 active mining complexes in Appalachia and the Illinois Basin. Patriot ships to domestic and international electricity generators, industrial users and metallurgical coal customers, and controls approximately 1.9 billion tons of proven and probable coal reserves. SOURCE Patriot Coal Corporation Michael Freitag/Aaron Palash, Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher, +1-212-355-4449 or Investor Contact, Janine Orf, +1-314-275-3680, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Vietnam search fruitless at site where China satellite detected suspected plane debris - witness