Monte Paschi shares open up 4.5 pct, bank confirms derivatives loss
MILAN Feb 7 (Reuters) - Banca Monte Paschi shares opened up 4.5 pct on Thursday the day after the bank said derivatives losses were in line with expectations.
Italy's third biggest lender said on Wednesday losses linked to three problematic derivative trades totalled 730 million euros ($988.3 million) as it sought to draw a line under a scandal over risky financial transactions.
The bank is holding a conference call with investors at 0830 GMT.
(Reporting by Jennifer Clark; editing by Francesca Landini)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine