Nuance posts loss as expenses rise
Feb 7 (Reuters) - Speech recognition software maker Nuance Communications Inc posted a quarterly loss, hurt by higher expenses.
The company reported a net loss of $22.1 million, or 7 cents per share, in the first quarter, compared with a profit of $9.3 million, or 3 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, Nuance, whose technology powers the Siri voice recognition feature in Apple Inc's iPhone, earned 35 cents per share.
Revenue rose 28 percent to $462.3 million.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |