REFILE-Magnitude 6.6 quake strikes off Solomon Islands-USGS
LONDON Feb 7 (Reuters) - An earthquake with a preliminary 6.6 magnitude struck 256 miles (412 km) east of the Solomon Islands on Thursday, the U.S. Geological Survey said, the latest aftershock following a tremor that caused a tsunami which killed at least five people.
The quake was 6.2 miles (10 km) deep and located southeast of Kira Kira. There was no immediate tsunami warning.
(Editing by Angus MacSwan)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Microsoft leads disruption of largest infected global PC network