REFILE-Magnitude 6.6 quake strikes off Solomon Islands-USGS
LONDON Feb 7 (Reuters) - An earthquake with a preliminary 6.6 magnitude struck 256 miles (412 km) east of the Solomon Islands on Thursday, the U.S. Geological Survey said, the latest aftershock following a tremor that caused a tsunami which killed at least five people.
The quake was 6.2 miles (10 km) deep and located southeast of Kira Kira. There was no immediate tsunami warning.
(Editing by Angus MacSwan)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions