CORRECTED-Shoppers Drug Mart profit flat despite strong pharmacy sales
(Corrects 3rd paragraph to add words "in 2012")
Feb 7 (Reuters) - Shoppers Drug Mart Corp reported a flat fourth-quarter profit, despite a rise in pharmacy sales.
The company's profit was C$175 million, or 85 Canadian cents per share, in the fourth quarter, almost unchanged from C$176 million, or 82 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 4 percent to C$2.72 billion. On an adjusted basis, the company earned C$2.94 per share in 2012.
Same-store sales for the quarter, a key measure for retailers, rose 2.7 percent. Fourth-quarter pharmacy sales rose 3.7 percent to C$1.22 billion. (Reporting by Shounak Dasgupta in Bangalore)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |