UPDATE 1-STXNEWS LATAM-EBX says Mariante replaces Lazcano as CFO
Armando Mariante was appointed chief financial officer at Brazilian billionaire Eike Batista's EBX Group. EBX's press office said on Wednesday Mariante will replace Otavio Lazcano, who resigned.
Earlier on Wednesday, Brazil's Veja weekly news magazine reported on its website Lazcano's departure and Mariante's appointment at the EBX, a mining, logistics and energy conglomerate. In the past year, five of six presidents of EBX-controlled subsidiaries have been replaced.
Contacted by Reuters, Mariante, who is president of Scotiabank Brasil, declined to confirm if he has been offered the EBX job.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote